Benefits Of Using A Sleep Mask
In the advent of recent developments, scientists have started endorsing the use of sleep masks to everyone. According to the people who have studied this subject carefully, sleep masks have a host of benefits to offer. Using them can have a direct impact on the quality of the sleep you have. You can know the benefits of using a sleep mask not to have more sound, enjoyable sleep. There are fewer or no risks involved in trying out this little intervention for good sleep, and it is an environmentally friendly option with no side effects. It is also a non-chemical solution to sleep problems.
The Science Responsible For All The Benefits
Now, for all the benefits that sleep masks offers, there is a pure science attached to it. Our bodies have a sleep hormone, which is known as ‘melatonin.’ This melatonin gets secreted and produced mostly in the dark. It is also responsible for your sleep pattern, sleep quality, and all things related to sleeping inside of the body. And, so, sleep mask becomes essential. Because sleep mask creates darkness in the users’ sight even if there is light and it is bright outside. It ables the body to sleep better.
Research & Study References
There are multiple studies conducted across the globe to prove the benefits and analyze the changes in sleeping masks for an individual. A Harvard study pointed out the dire consequences of insomnia and other sleeping disorders. These include – potential development of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, mood swings and mood disorders, increased risk of obesity, and conditions like diabetes.
Another study confirms that people who slept with their sleep masks on enjoyed a rather sound sleep than the ones who did not. The sleep quality of both groups was different. Thus, there are psychological, health as well as physical benefits involved.
One research study observes the dramatic influence of a sleep mask on the melatonin and cortisol levels on overnight use by an individual. It also reinforces the harmless benefits of sleep masks.
Benefits Of Using Sleep Masks
- They are a cost-effective and smarter alternative to the blackout curtains.
- Extremely easy to carry along everywhere.
- Comfortable and convenient.
- We have so many options to choose from, and we are spoilt for choice.
- It is made out of cloth and other sensitive materials to take good care of the eye and surrounding area.
- We also have gel sleep masks in the market that have soothing gels in it.
- It helps you in relaxing well.
- It creates a favorable environment for the body to release melatonin so we can enjoy an improved quality sleep.
- Alleviates the sleep quality of whoever uses it.
- Aids in dealing with insomnia.
- Gel sleep masks are a good bet for reducing swelling.
- Prevents wrinkles that one would otherwise get because of bed sheet marks on their face.
- It delivers excellent sleep.
- Responsible for hormonal balance (melatonin and cortisol).
- You will fall asleep quicker.
For all the pros of using a tiny little sleep accessory, the sleep mask, it is worth buying one as soon as possible. It is undoubtedly a great sleep companion.